1) Head Quarters of Tata Group Called?
Ans: Bombay House
2) India's first steel mill was built by the Tatas. In which year was it completed?
3) About 66% of the Tatas' capital is allocated by Tata Sons for which purpose?
Ans: Philanthropic trusts
4) What was the first Indian luxury hotel established by the Tatas?
Ans: Taj Mahal Hotel
5) The Tata group consists of how many companies?
6) When was the ministry of divestment formed in India?
7) Which was the first successful divestment of a PSU carried out by the ruling NDA combine?
Ans: Lagan Jute Machinery Company Ltd
8) Who were the final three bidders for Balco when it was being privatised?(Bharat Aluminium Corporation ltd)
Ans: Sterlite, Hindalco, Alcoa
9) Who was the first minister for divestment under NDA government?
Ans: Arun Jaitley
10) Under which Indian prime minister were guidelines for the divestment process first laid down?
Ans: Chandra Shekhar
11) Who are the Bretton Woods Sisters?
Ans: World Bank and IMF
12) President of World Bank?
Ans: Robert Bruce Zoellvick
13) President of IMF?
Ans: Domanic Strauss Kahan
14) WTO Chief?
Ans: Pascal Lamy
15) When did the World Bank come into being?
Ans: July 1944
16) Former Name of World Bank?
Ans: International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
17) Who was the first president of the World Bank?
Ans: Eugene Meyer (18 June, 1946)
18) Which Asian nation was the first to get a World Bank loan?
Ans: India (on Aug 18, 1949 for Railway Reconstruction and Development.
19) When did India sign the World Bank Articles of Agreement?
20) Which organisation instituted the Nobel Prize for Economics?
Ans: Sveriges Riksbank (Bank of Sweeden)
21) Who is the first Asian to win the Nobel Prize for Economics?
Ans: Amartya Sen (for his studies in Wellfare Ecconomics)
22) How many women have won the Nobel Prize for Economics since 1969?
23) Who is the oldest recipient of the Nobel Prize for Economics?
Ans: William Vickrey
24) How many times have three people shared the Nobel Prize for Economics?
Ans: Three Times
25) Who was the first governor of the Reserve Bank of India?
Ans: Sir Osborne Smith (April 1st, 1935)
26) Who has been the longest-serving RBI governor?
Ans: Sir Bengal Rama Raju
27) Who had the shortest term as RBI governor?
28) Which RBI governor has written Indian Economy: Essays on Money and Finance?
Ans: Dr C Rangarajan
29) Who was the first Indian to become the RBI governor?
Ans: Sir Chintaman D Deshmukh
30) Which brand of scooter when translated into Italian means 'wasp'?
31) Which popular car audio system company's name when translated into German means 'blue point'?
32) Which brand name is derived from the word 'polar' suggesting coolness?
33) When translated in Korean what does Daewoo mean?
Ans: Great Universe
34) With a presence in 27 countries, the name of which company means 'three oceans?'
35) Which was the first private mutual fund company in India?
Ans: Kothari Pioneer(1993)
36) Samir Arora, who recently was banned by the Securities and Exchange Board of India, was a part of which mutual fund?
Ans: Alliance Capital
37) Which was the first public sector mutual fund to be set up after the Unit Trust of India?
Ans: SBI Mutual Fund
38) How many mutual funds are there in India today?
39) HDFC Standard Life Mutual Fund recently bought out which of its competitors?
Ans: Zurich India Mutual Fund
40) Which is the official advertising agency of the Indian government?
Ans: Directorate of Audio Visual Publicity
41) Which ad agency manages the career of cricket star Yuvraj Singh?
Ans: Percept D'Mark
42) Which Indian biscuit brand is the single largest selling biscuit in the world in its segment?
Ans: Parle G
43) The late television star and actress, Priya Tendulkar, used to endorse which brand of biscuits?
Ans: Priya Gold
44) Which biscuit company was associated with the TV programme, Kaun Banega Crorepati?
Ans: Britannia Industries
45) Which was the first Indian bank to open an international branch and where?
Ans: Bank of India in London
46) Which bank was founded in 1906 at the temple town of Udupi and is today among one of India's largest banks?
Ans: Corporation Bank
47) When were banks in India nationalised?
48) Rana Talwar, who is now the head of Sabre Capital, was formerly the CEO of which bank?
Ans: Standard Chartered Plc
49) Who is behind the current Wipro, Britannia, Marico and Lakme logos?
Ans: Shombit Sengupta
50) Who was the first Indian actress to model for Lux soap?
Ans: Leela Chitnis
51) What do you call a stock market trend that is neither bullish nor bearish?
Ans: Chicken market
52) What is picking stocks that have already sunk to the bottom but still have some bounce in them left called?
Ans: Cigar butt hunting
53) How many stock exchanges are there in India?
54) What are illiquid stocks that do not follow SEBI rules called?
Ans: Z stocks
55) By what name is the building 'Phiroze Jeejebhoy Towers' better known as?
Ans: Bombay Stock Exchange
56) Which company's ad line was 'Geography is History'?
57) What publication advertised itself with the lines "Software for the most advanced microprocessor on this planet"?
Ans: The Economic Times
58) The Brighter Side of Life" is the ad line of which of these companies/groups?
Ans: AV Birla group
59) Don't blend in" is the ad line of which of these companies/products?
Ans: Lifestyle International
60) Life is One Incredible Journey" is the baseline of which of these?
Ans: Outlook Traveller